Dietitian – The Nutrition Expert
A dietitian is a qualified health professional who helps promote good health through proper nutritional habits.
Dietitians must have:
- a Bachelor’s degree in nutrition or dietetics
- an internship for 6 to 12 months at a healthcare facility, foodservice company or nonprofit agency approved by the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics.
- successful completion of a national exam conducted by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- ongoing education to retain their registration as a dietitian.
- Are not required to have any such qualifications.
- This means nutritionists have varying levels of education — from someone with little or no education to an individual who has obtained a bachelor’s, master’s, or even a doctoral degree.
There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may contain articles.